AirShirz Pneumatic Scissors
Increase productivity through reduced hand stress.
Lightweight yet powerful, AirShirz pneumatic scissors are designed to promote the highest level of safety along with reduced risks associated with cumulative trauma disorders, helping to increase production and lower employee turnover. And, because they use standard shop air, they're easy to integrate into your existing production process.
Cutting the Effort in Cutting Tough Materials
90% Reduction in Cutting Effort!
Instead of using physical exertion, AirShirz employs air (pneumatic) power to cleanly cut through difficult materials.
Light Pressure – To operate AirShirz, all that is needed is light pressure from just two fingers (A in image). The thumb is not even used. Plus, the AirShirz blades open automatically when pressure on the lever is released, so only a fraction of the effort is required.
Total Blade Control – Blade speed and position are fully controllable, like scissors, for precision cutting (B in image). AirShirz can cut the full length of the blades, without increased force, to reduce cutting repetitions.
Safety Latch – secures the blades when not in use and for easy storage (C in image).
- Automatic spring-return action – requires no effort to open blades. Just release pressure on the trigger.
- Fewer repetitions – cuts the full length of the blades without increasing force.
- Reduced Muscle Fatigue– the pneumatic power does the work, dramatically reducing stress - as well as the exposure to risk factors associated with cumulative trauma disorders (CTDs) of the hand and forearm.
- Lightweight and balanced – ergonomic design fits comfortably in the worker's hand.
- No special air requirements - uses standard 80-120 psi (5-8 bar) plant air, drawing less than .5 cfm (14.1 l/m).
- Exclusive stainless steel blades - provide long edge life and superior corrosion resistance.
- Interchangeable blades – all blade configurations are interchangeable and can be changed out in seconds.
- Remote air exhaust – Dual air hose vents air at the hose connection prevents exhaust air from blowing particles.
- Easy cleaning – no special cleaning restrictions (submersing, high pressure, hot water and soap are all acceptable)
Magnum Power for Extra Cutting Power
The AirShirz® Magnum Scissors delivers twice the cutting power of the regular AirShirz®, pneumatic scissors for those really challenging cutting applications like raw or cured rubber for quality control labs.
Like power steering for your car, the AirShirz® Magnum provides extra muscle with total control over the blade speed and position. Whether you're cutting thick rubber (uncured or cured), light sheet metal, or other hard-to-cut materials, the AirShirz® Magnum provides precise cutting with minimal stress to the hand, forearm and wrist.
Put AirShirz Magnum Scissors to the Test
Send us a sample of your material. We’ll take a video of our AirShirz® Magnum pneumatic scissors cutting the material and share it with you, so you can see for yourself how easy life can be when you have the AirShirz® air-powered scissors on your production line.
Contact us today to arrange for a test. There’s no charge … and no obligation to buy.